Monday, August 13, 2007

Argyle, Aussie style


Looks like Cadel is into the argyle too, or at least some close cousin of it. This is from one of his post-Tour appearances. Would look nice in one of those new HP jerseys, don't ya think? Is he perhaps dropping a hint that about a move over to Slipstream? Could be interesting.

Nice relaxing ride yesterday at Muddy Waters. Tom, Colin, Luc, Shona and myself, along with some dude named Ryan (I think) were fighting it out with a bunch of cops on full squish mountain bikes for the lanterne rouge. I had to ride ahead in order to make it back home in time for a wedding, so not sure who took it in the end. We were going so slow that they shut down the 2nd checkstop before we got there. It would have been nice to know that in advance, especially since there was a gas station 5 km earlier. By the time I rode back home it was 194 kms and 7+ hours in the saddle. That's probably more than I've ridden in the last month. Not a good scene.

OTT: Podington Bear, Airliner

3 comments:

team jonny said...

good on all-a-y'all for showing up. I on the other hand vouched for the 'sleep in until 9:00 method'. It felt good at the time, but I feel worse off now.

PaddyH said...

Chris you Rock!!!! I painted my folks fence all day yesterday-good on the social capital-but horrible knowing you now have almost 200k in yer legs...'cross is coming quick, and it's time to cram!!!

The Dark Lord said...

Not sure how yday's long and slow ride will make a difference in short and fast discipline like cx. But we'll find out soon, I suppose. I think you'll have to paint a few more fences before you get too worried.