Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Round 1 is in the books

A haiku race report:

Tuesday Night Snow Crit
Figure eights, snowy corners
Fast, yet not so fast


Decent turnout for the inaugural edition. 11 racers took to the start, by my count. Eight finished, while the others cheered from the swings. 20 laps (more or less) in just under 40 minutes. Nice to ride a little harder than the usual Tuesday Night fare of late. Additional reports here. And here. And maybe eventually here.

Results:

Dave D
Chris
Paddy
Luc
Hal
Craig
Adam
Colin

The last three positions are my best guess. If you must, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

DNF's: Shona, Big Al, and another dude whose name I didn't catch Jonny b & b.

Round 2 is on Jan. 8.

Good times at the clubhouse as well, highlighted by a visit from Coach Unger. Turns out he's been preoccupied with nordic walking.

As I was nearing home just after 1am, I noticed someone pushing two bikes and a dude carrying a large wooden cabinet on a grocery cart. Turns out it was our friend Mr. Geez and his partner, Geez Louise. They had shown up earlier to catch the last few laps of the race. Sounds like they found the cabinet out by Assiniboine Ave and it was apparently too good to pass up. I helped them carry it into the porch, kind-hearted guy that I am. Keepin it real, those two.

No, the jerseys have not yet arrived. I will let you know when they do. And we will have an approriate gathering to celebrate their arrival.

OTT: The Neckers, What About Me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jon from b and b

The Dark Lord said...

Another Jonny. How fitting.