Sunday, December 14, 2008

harra-curry...

...despite the calculated discomfort created by the poster and the basic radio silence from the organizer (to induce a greater level of mystery, to be sure), the event is a beauty. Not to be missed. Except I'm going to be missing it. We're coming down to the wire with being away for a while over the holidays.

Is anyone going?

EDIT: After a recent conversation with one participant, a request has been raised: Dear Mr. Editor, can the location of the race be divulged? For some, it is not going to work to ride all the way from home, so if it's possible to drive to the Forks (assuming that's the location), or wherever the mayhem ends, that would make things easier to plan for.

9 comments:

Gianni said...

Hell yes.

juan eppstein said...

Bring it on. I'm fasting already. Is someone bringing the scale?

Brad the Impaler said...

I have looked forward to this with a morbid curiosity since I heard about last year's. Unfortunately, because of other commitments I will have to miss it. Bummer. Will there be a post race BS session at the club house?

The Dark Lord said...

If I may be so bold as to suggest a slight rile variation. I think those whose plates don't meet the minimum weight should be somehow penalized. Which is just another way of saying that those who can load up a plate full of exactly one pound of curry should be duly rewarded. It is truly an art. Perhaps some have even been practising in the offseason. But there has to be a risk of going under. What should the penalty be? An extra samosa? A bottle of FGD? I'm confident the editor can figure it all out.

Either way, have fun boys and girls. I will miss it for sure.

Adam said...

I for one am not looking forward to any extra "unsupported" miles. Where is the best place to park the sag-wagon?

Coach Dave said...

No can do. I have NOTHING in my legs after this weekend’s debauchery. Have fun and stay warm.

The Dark Lord said...

Sounds like there's plenty of excuses flying around up in Winterpeg. How do they say it? HTFU.

juan eppstein said...

Tell me that at least Tenacious V will be showing up? I need some competition. We all know what happened to The Poosher and Johnny B last year. I can still picture JB rocking back in forth in a fetal position, staring at plate # 3.

Anonymous said...

tenacious v will be there