Monday, June 19, 2006

this is why they call me crash

By popular demand (well from Chris anyways)....on Friday I wanted to get a quick training lap in before I went to Morden (was there twice this weekend - for golf on Saturday and then a ride on Sunday). On my second intervals lap the extra tube I had strapped to the rail under my seat (never use toe clip straps for this) came out and fell into my freewheel, locking up my back wheel. Not a bad thing if your going up hill at 17 kmph - a very bad thing if your going downhill at 50 kmph. I lost control and spilled at the bottom of the hill on the North side (there is something about that downhill). Any ways, after the dust settled I took inventory and came out of the crash with scrapes on my right knee, right butt and hip, right elbow and abrassions to the 'ol melon because my helmet cracked in three places (I now have a brand new bucket). I was pretty ugly piece of work as I rode home with blood on my arm and leg, and with more dust and dirt on me than Pig Pen from Peanuts. Yet I will continue to go back - probably tomorrow for another training ride (maybe I am just perfecting my wipe outs on this piece of crap dirt hill). Your all invited to see if I make it through this next training session.

1 comment:

the secretary said...

i'm thinkin i should come with the video camera. Seems like the odds are up for a photogenic incident.

When will you be there?