Tuesday, June 27, 2006

want to race?

There will be a race this week at Garbage Hill. Guaranteed. Even if I'm the only one there. Hal leaves on Sunday for 2 weeks, and it would only be fair to give him the opportunity to show how all his training there in the last while translates into a dominant performance. Apparently today is out. Wednesday does not look good either. I doubt we'll find a day that works for everybody. So the race will be on the day most people can make it. So please respond with a comment (it's not very hard) and declare your availability (or not) on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Start time will be around 9pm. I hope to head over there this evening to decide on the course. Will probably leave around 8:30 or 9:00. Call if you're interested in joining me.

On my ride into work this morning, I started thinking about possible routes for a FGBC road ride. By my count there are now at least 7 FGBC riders with road bikes: myself, Unger, Johnny G, Jonny S, Hal, Vic, Juan Eppstein. Penner apparently has one on the way. And there may be others. What are we waiting for? I propose the following route. Start in Morden. Head west on Hwy 3 through La Rivierre to Hwy 34. North on 34 to Swan Lake. East on Hwy 23 to the Jordan Elevator. South on Hwy 3 back to Morden. By my count, that would be about 160 kms. Perfect. A century ride with a couple of good climbs. Thoughts?

The Floyd media coverage keeps pouring in. This time he's shown up on the cover of Bicycling Magazine. This one's kind of different. Not so much a standard profile as a transcription of a conversation between Floyd and his training partner Dave Zabriskie. These guys have a reputation as the goofballs of the peloton. Lance used to refer to them as Dumb and Dumber when they were his teammates on US Postal. Check out the article here.

3 comments:

the secretary said...

thursday night is the only option for me.
darryl

g said...

Thursday Night is the best option for me, but it may not work at all.

Put me down for a definite probable possibly.

halloewen said...

might be able to make it (same category as g). was there on tuesday for training, race today, so any ride on thursday will be killer