Friday, November 02, 2007

Mustaches of the Nineteenth Century

Just in case this year's nordic cross series features a repeat of the most hard-fought battle of last year's series. It never hurts to do a little a little advance research. Never underestimate the significance of style.

Here's one of my favourites--for so many reasons. Bonus points if you can guess who it is.



Here's another one of the same guy. A little later (I'm assuming) and a little less carefully coifed. Kind of fitting, really, given how things played out in the end.


OTT: PJ Harvey, Rub Til It Bleeds

4 comments:

mhandsco said...

Nietzsche?

The Dark Lord said...

Bingo! Nicely done. If you ever make it out on a Tuesday again, you can claim your bonus points. I feel a bit like Alex Trebek all of a sudden.

g said...

I did stumble upon a blog which is entitled "Mustaches of the Nineteenth Century". It got me somewhat excited about another round. Then I remembered that bike ride out to maple grove with the good Dr., in the rain. Rain water mixed with a good dose of sweat and snot all strained through a mustache tastes a bit like warm coors light.

Anonymous said...

WAY off the topic in typical Dallas fashion I would like to call attention to the "how to avoid the bummer life" site. I constantly find myself laughing but this Danzig /shakira song has got to be one of the better posts to date.
Enjoy and if that does make you smile all is lost.

Dallas " the docs cleared me and now it's time to party" Sigurdur