Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TNR


With Hummelt Hockey done for another year, the Secretary is eager to get this noble tradition back on track. After last week's nadir, there's nowhere to go but up, I suppose. But he's also a bit anxious about the rather disconcerting forecast. If nothing else, I suppose you can gather at the clubhouse and come up with a flood plan. Does this mean we can expect Ingolf to be especially soggy this year?

Note the time change. With hockey done, we shift to an earlier start time. It's our version of daylight savings time. Except we're not so much saving the daylight as extending the night.

I suppose you can meet at Espresso Junction again. But when I get back, the meeting place will be restored to its rightful location.

13 comments:

Brad the Impaler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the secretary said...

who's in? I'll be at the klubhouse, but will defer on deciding my transportation til later this eve.

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another..." Hebrews 10:25 (not altogether out of context)

Brad the Impaler said...

I'm in. Same transportation caveat.

g said...

In. (Genesis 1:1 (first word))

I would consider riding some bike and meeting at the forks if others were so inclined.

KK said...

I'm going to watch the Selkirk Steelers/Winnipeg South Blues (MJHL) game 5 semi-fanal matchup tonight, but I'll join in for a FGD or two at the klubhaus.

"So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door..." Mark 2:2

the secretary said...

latest plan is for me to drive to g's for 8:30... we'll meet others at expresso junction if anyone's doin' that, or we'll head to the park etc to avoid the slush if we don't hear anything.

"But they will reply, 'It's no use. We will continue with our own plans; each of us will follow the stubbornness of his evil heart.'" Jer 18:12

Brad the Impaler said...

I'll be at Espresso Junction for 9. Or I could also drive to G's.
Or Darryl, you and I could drive together if you are setting out from our part of town.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more."
Proverbs 31:6,7

the secretary said...

I give Brad, that quote is too strong. Yes, I'm leaving from home... come to here for 8:10 or so.

Brad the Impaler said...

Done. I'll see you then.

Cricket said...

well, since others are going to brave the inclement weather, i will as well. I can be at g's for 9:00 if that's the plan. An address may help though.

the secretary said...

craig, we'll meet you at expresso junction around 9:00... we're going to be at g's around 8:30 or a bit after.

tenacious v said...

I will be at G's for 8:30 pm.

Cricket said...

sounds good... see you at the junction