Monday, April 06, 2009

I am going to miss these mountains

Sweet ride on Saturday. Through the valley and up to the Blue Ridge Parkway: 52 km and 3000 ft in two hours. The sweetest part was the initial descent from and the final climb up to the house we were staying at. I've never climbed anything that steep. Without Halberto's GPS, I resorted to some ride mapping software to see how steep it actually was. 600 ft in just under 2km, topping out at 17%. Kick it up another 3% in places and throw in some cobbles and you've got the Kapelmuur that Devo and Co. rode yesterday. Yikes!

On the way down, I almost went over the guard rail skidding around a corner that was tighter--and more gravel laced--than I had anticipated. On the way up, it was a low-gear grunt. Good times. Garbage Hill is just not the same.
















1 comment:

Brad the Impaler said...

Looks like some pretty sweet riding.