Monday, August 30, 2010

Victor Victorious

From the desk of our favourite tenor:
On Sunday afternoon the provincial Mountain bike championships were held on an amazing course at Grand Beach. There was a bit of everything in the course. I preferred the flowing single track through the forests to the rock gardens (which were always situated on a hill going up or down/it's almost as if they planned it that way). Brad was amazing, placing second to our favourite olympian, Linsday Gauld, and beating the irrepressible Bill A. in the 50+ category. The only sad part was that I was the only person in the entire field wearing the sweetest jersey in the world. At one point while I was riding a warm-up lap up someone shouted at me " where are all your buddies?" As we were both going too quickly and in opposite directions to have a conversation I didn't get a chance to explain that they were all playing in an ultimate tournament. Any way Hal and his committee did a great job of putting together a fantastic course. Congratulations Hal and Olympia.

2 comments:

Brad the Impaler said...

I'm pretty sure Bill gave blood Saturday.

halloewen said...

thanks vic. although a lot of olympia people were involved it was a MCA mountain bike committee effort with many clubs providing help - 23 by my count; having that many people help made for an enjoyable time and solid event