Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday Anticipation

1) Nordic Cross #2


Casa Sénior KK Sr. = 519 Headmaster Row

Race organizer Brad the Impaler is holding his cards close to his chest. But he did supply the following info:
There will be a pre-race meeting to go over the myriad obscure and arbitrary rules, which I will likely change at my whim as the race unfolds.

Expect a tough course and ample opportunity to get angry. A list of attendees would be nice. There will be 'prizes'.

2) Peg City Rollers



3) Vicarious Racing


CX Worlds is coming up in 10 days. There was some talk at the klubhaus on Tuesday about getting together to watch it live on the big screen. The battle between Gary and Jay, not to mention KK and the Secretary, is that important to us. The Sweetest University in the World and the High School Looking for a New Home were mentioned as possible venues. But more importantly, it starts at 7am local time. Still interested? Or shall I just watch on my computer?

17 comments:

team jonny said...

i'm in for a big screen experience. i also have at least one friend who'd go nuts to be up at 7 watching it live if the events open to more folk.

wv: fingbob

Brad the Impaler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gianni said...

Me too.

Brad the Impaler said...

So who is racing Sunday?

Who dares to incur my Wrath?

g said...

i am in.

Anonymous said...

My to-do's for Sunday:
get back from winter camping, play spongee, go out for dinner for girlfriend's birthday, race an angry race, my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

Can't make it. Sorry Impaler.
Bis dienstag.

Tom K said...

Plus or minus any more crazy Haiti Ops coord stuff ... I'll be there.

Bring my Karate Monkey or Cross bike? Should I bring any Wrath festivities supplies?

The Dark Lord said...

In.

halloewen said...

i'll attend

the secretary said...

sadly, out.

Brad the Impaler said...

I rode the course yesterday. It was tough. But if we get the forecast 10 centimeters of wet snow by Sunday, it will truly be wrath-inducing.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/mb-38_metric_e.html

I can't wait.

The Dark Lord said...

Snow. And warm. It could be the wors race ever. Nordic Cross is awesome.

Brad the Impaler said...

Tom, bike choice is up to you. No supplies required. Just your 'A' game.

KK said...

Whatever bike you choose to ride, Tom, don't whine about your misfortune afterwards like Chris did after the last Reach The Beach. That was just so lame.

Of course, you could just show your true colours and not race at all like so many of the "social club" members.

Cricket said...

probably won't make it. out of town for most of the weekend... but don't fully count me out...

tenacious v said...

I am in

Brad the Impaler said...

So the list is:

KK
Brad
Hal
Johnny
Chris
Tom
Vic

Any others? Don't let the weather deter you. I will most likely snowshoe the course tomorrow afternoon. It will be rideable.