Thursday, November 09, 2006


Look out Johnny S. The gig is up. Your reign as knockdown champ is coming to an end now that I've picked up the sweetest knockdown bike ever. Can't wait for the rematch at the Vimy Ridge ice rink.

Hal and I are off to Minneapolis bright and early tomorrow for the state cx championships. One last dance with the dirty girl (unless we can settle on a date for grudge cross). I fully expect to get slapped around, beaten down, and generally humbled. But I find myself taken with her all the same. Can't get her off my mind. But it sounds like Hal, Ian, and Tom are cooking up a plan for ever more dalliances with the dirty girl in the future.

OTT: David Bowie, Suffragette City. Classic.

7 comments:

PaddyH said...

GrudgecRoss.

Next Sunday. Not This one

High Noon.

Bring yer Grudge.

Run whatcha Brung

PaddyH said...

oh yeah...

Rule #2

No Knobbies.

Slicks only.

@ Halter Park

elisabeth b said...

usually i just lurk in silence and see what crazy thing you kids are up to, but i could keep my mouth shut no longer.

i'm not sure how i feel about this talk of cx as 'a dirty girl'. kind of makes me uncomfortable, and want to stay away from the world of men lusting after mud pits, barriers, and new bikes - all while wearing spandex.

just a thought.

loeven said...

I'm in Belgium right now and am reading this blog because i'm homesick, i guess. I totally second what Elisabeth said.

Laura

The Dark Lord said...

ladies - puh-leeze.dirty is good.

elisabeth b said...

i guess it must be, considering all the time and effort put into perfecting the perfect mount and dismount...

elisabeth b said...

but seriously, it's not the 'dirty' part...it's the 'girl' part.