Wednesday, November 19, 2008

tnr report - good news and bad news

good news: three out for the extended ride
bad news: all four bikes on the rack outside the klubhouse had their front tires slashed

yup, other than the nearly legendary seat theft attempt, this is the first real vandalism.


Craig, Patrick and Luke met at 9:30 as planned, had coffee and road around... I beat them and G to the Klubhouse just after 11:00. All good, lots of talk about ingolf and bikes. A few of us step out for some fresh air and note the nasty deed. Patrick had the nearly 2" slash, and the others seemed punctured.

Lovely empathy from the F&H staff... they were madder than those done wrong.

A big tire change event to end the evening... Turns out Craig also had a slash he hadn't noticed, so part of the way home it blows again and he enjoyed a 45minute walk/jog home. Ouch.

6 comments:

The Dark Lord said...

This aggression will not stand. Man.

Nice to see the younger generation keeping the dream alive. It bodes well. Wait 'til they get to experience the spring ride.

Gianni said...

Next TNR, I volunteer to take the first shift standing outside with a u-lock at the ready.

Anonymous said...

Good on you guys for getting out. Too bad for the needless vandalism. I'm sure I would have let a few "golf" words fly.

I'll take the second shift with my handy dandy chain whip.

KK

Anonymous said...

That really sucks. Hopefully no expensive tires died so needlessly.

Craig, I feel your pain. I too had a flat/walk/cab ride home one night, but that was in summer.

That which doesn't kill us only makes us madder. Or something.

Brad

halloewen said...

that officially sucks, hope it was a one time event.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen Johnny G without a smile on his face. Understandable though. That sucks.

Deanna