Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jonny V's Argyle Armada


There's an interesting article on Jonathan Vaughters' much-discussed Team Slipstream experiment--over at ESPN of all places. It will be interesting to see how they do throughout the year. There's been some talk of them as a potential wild card team for the Tour this year, though that's probably a long-shot given the ASO's preference for no-name french teams. But we'll get an early look at them next month, as they're one of an impressive lineup of teams doing the Tour of California. It's hard not to root for JV and the guys. He looks like a professor and apparently has some good taste in wine. I wonder if he wears pleated pants, though.

Among other things, there's also this quote about the honorary captain from his fromer trainer:
"I will not comment on his guilt or innocence," Lim says later. "I'm not so naïve as to think that no one takes drugs, but I'm also not so cynical as to think everyone's taking drugs. If he did dope, he's one helluva conflicted individual, because if there's anyone who understands the distinction between right and wrong, it's Floyd."
Speaking of the honorary captain, anyone want to join me in racing against him at the Shenandoah 100 at the end of August?

OTT: Better Friends than Lovers, Cut & Try

1 comment:

mhandsco said...

What kind of a dick would allow himself to photographed like that? I mean, I'm down with the wine and a small part of me still thinks that clothes just might make the man, but this...

... douché.