Friday, January 04, 2008

Reading between the lines

We're dealing with an acute case of textual indeterminacy. The Nordic-Cross calendar, it would seem, is beset with more floating signifiers and other locutionary ambiguities than your average run of the mill text. This is not a problem, as such. It just calls for a different kind of reading.

So, when it says Hurry for Curry is on Jan. 5. By that, you should read Canuck Cross will take place on Sunday, Jan. 6. Got it?

As for where and when. That is not yet clear. But Bert the baker will provide us with some further details shortly. I do believe you need a hockey stick. And some balls. Maybe three of them.

OTT: Great Lake Swimmers, Gonna Make it Through This Year

2 comments:

Coach Dave said...

I am planning on pounding off the first of my monthly 100-milers Sunday morning, so I not in any Hurry for Curry that day. However, if I can turn a pedal, I will direct my saggy-fat-ass to the race, and take some pictures for the first race of the New Year. Anyone have an extra hockey stick…

Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.................