Sunday, October 15, 2006

Letter from Toronto

Spent the weekend sitting inside a boardroom at the U of T when all I could think about is how fun it would be to do an alleycat in downtown Toronto. Teeming with fixies, that city is. I did manage to get to the Urbane Cyclist, a courier and commuter oriented worker co-op right around the corner from Much Music. Definitely worth a visit if you're ever in the neighborhood. That, along with visits to Atticus Books, The Bob Miller Book Room, and Crux Books made for some good times in between meetings. But these guys could sure use some help with their websites?

Also stumbled on a scene I had not previously witnessed: trials unicycling. About 10 guys hopping around and doing assorted tricks on the stairs and flower beds at Sidney Smith Hall, across the street from Knox College, where I was staying. Very impressive.

Looks like I missed the event of the year on Friday night. Too bad we didn't order an extra jersey for Wayne, or at least loan him one for the press release photo. I've already had a few people asking where they can get one. But I suppose now that we have the artwork on file, more can be done if there is sufficient demand. And a ray of darkness casts its glow on the mean streets of Winnipeg.

No comments: