Monday, October 02, 2006

pilgrimage report

well, Farmersville, PA was discovered... I was anticipating difficulty because it doesn't exist on any maps... but I should have known... I mentioned the hoped for pilgrimage to one of the MCC East Coast staff hosting us, and he says, "oh, that's easy, I know the Landis family... I used to go to the same church... in fact, I think I taught Floyd in Sunday School". Out comes the map, and away we go... the road painting is at the Portage and Main of Farmersville. The white house is, of course, the Landis home.

Next stop, Green Mountain Cyclery, which is where it got more fun... Mike, the owner is still buds with Floyd... had spoken on the phone with him the day before... and loves talking about Floyd. The honourary captain is doing well, it seems... in fact, Mike is more worried about the wife and child because Floyd doesn't take well to not moving much... Turns out Mike is also extremely confident in Floyd's innocence... he was at the Landis home when Floyd got the B test results, and that clinched it. Floyd's biggest concern is that they're going to drag this thing out as far as they can, especially since he's asking for a public hearing... he's hoping for the hearing in early 2007...

Mike greets the FGBC and insisted that the next time I come, I have to bring a bike because he thinks they have some of the best flowing and technical single-track around. Right, next time.

1 comment:

The Dark Lord said...

You are, indeed, the man. Good work. Can't wait to hear more at the F&H tonight.

When's the next tour out that way? I'm coming along as your roadie.