Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Breaking News

This just in from Bill A: Kids will race for free at Woodhaven Cross (Oct. 5). He's taking a page from the Southern Cross planning committee's race promotion handbook. And why not? It is the sweetest cx race in the world. But wait, there's more. He's also upped the ante with this sweet offer: the fastest finisher among the non-licensed racers will win a 2009 race license. This is called target marketing, I think. It doesn't get any more FGBC friendly. We have kids and we're too cheap to buy licences. I'm looking at you, Juan Eppstein and Mr. Secretary. Do it for the kids. But I'm also thinking of Vic, Craig, Luke, Adam, Johnny S, Brad, James, Unger, Johnny S, and any other FGBC regulars or semi-regulars. Between Woodhaven, Southern Cross, Menno Cross, and Grudge Cross, there are plenty of options for the unlicenced among you. If my opinion carried any weight whatsoever, I'd say I expect a solid FGBC showing at every one of these fine events. But I know it doesn't, so all I can do is say I highly recommend that you show up. It will be good times. Spread the word.

2 comments:

Gianni said...

Wow that's smart.

No excuses, mates.

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Nobody faster than me show up, OK? I want that license...

Brad