Thursday, September 18, 2008

Holy Crap, Dallas Wins!

It was another successful breakaway at the Vuelta today. Imanol Erviti Ollo who, along with Amets Txurruka, has one of the better names in the race was the day's big winner. He was part of a group that escaped at about the 5 km mark and spent the day ahead of the peloton. Nicolas Roche and David Herrero Llorente were second and third. No change in the GC. CN and Pez would be glad to fill in the rest.

Hell has frozen over in the FGBC Vuelta Pool, it seems. Not only has Dallas won a stage, he's making a serious push to escape the cellar. Of course, his cause is being aided by the fact that Hal has apparently bought the suckfarm. Only 60 points in the last seven stages for the former Tuesday Night Rider. Ian isn't that much further ahead. Matt finished just ahead of Paddy for second place on the day, 125 points to 120. As in the big race, no changes at the top of the GC.

Stage 18 Results:

Dallas 190
Matt 125
Paddy 120
Brad 110
Chris 100
Vic 45
Ian 45
Arlene 0
David 0
Hal 0
Jonny B 0


Overall Standings:

Chris 2401
Vic 2201
Arlene 2125
Paddy 1793
Brad 1778
Jonny B 1676
Matt 1664
David 1447
Ian 1194
Hal 1139
Dallas 1087

4 comments:

PaddyH said...

this is classic Dallas form, I predict he'll finish a solid midpack.

Anonymous said...

Actually I don't even think thats my rider:)
I definately won today though.


Dallas " ya, I'm pretty sure that guy doesn't even ride for me." Sigurdur


kloden, franzoi, arroyo, gadret, popovych, bruseghin, casar, kroon, and cuesta lopez de castro. thems my boys.

The Dark Lord said...

You're right. Erviti's not your rider. But your riders did accumulate more than anyone else's yesterday. So you win.

Your rider did win today though. More on that later.

Anonymous said...

Well I would also like to say that I have to work this weekend so good luck to all the 8 hour riders. I wish I could be there but I'm trying to make my babies first Christmas extra special and have some time off with her.
On the plus side it's all double time all weekend.

Dallas " my debut cross race this year is going to be very painfull." sigurdur