Friday, September 26, 2008

Cross Lab, Southern Style

I showed up at the Tuesday Night Shop Ride again this week. The first time it was just me and Alex. But this time there were nine of us. 50 km and pretty fast. No substitute for the TNR, especially given the lack of a post-ride gathering. But I did meet some of the guys from the local ss oriented club. The mtb races here all have an ss category. I'm not sure what I think about that, but I suppose that's what I'll sign up for.

Anyway, aside from getting dropped by two very fast dudes on the token climb, I learned that there are a couple of cross-lab style offerings down here. The close one, on Fridays, sounds like it's basically a fire road ride. And there's also another one about 40 min. away that's more like a clinic with coaches, etc. Just thought you FUCRs from MUCR might like to know.

I thought about showing up tonight, but opted for a gravel grinder on the fire roads in the Duke Forest instead. Good times.

No comments: