Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday Anticipation

Two cx races this weekend in Winnipeg. Or maybe it's one and a half. Unfortunately, no posters for either of them. But there is some info up on the MCA site for the Civic Park Race. Since it's highly unlikely that anybody even bothers to look there any more, I'll paste it here:
Manitoba's 1st Cyclocross race of the 2008 season

CIVIC PARK (Valley Gardens C.C. 218 Antrim rd.)
Registrations are 10am-11am

B category (less competitive) starting @ 11:30am
A category (more competitive) starting @ 12:30pm
Fees for adults are $10, kids $5
Who is racing?

The season opener is still over a month away down here. Lots of endurance mtb racing coming up though. Here are a few I've got my eye on:

1) Curse at the Crab: 6 hr enduro, part of a larger Fat Tire Fest. This one's local--at the Crabtree trails in Raleigh.


2) Oktoberfest 8 hr enduro: again, part of a larger festival, presented by none other than Tinker Juarez. In Davidson, just north of Charlotte (2 hours away).


3) Swank 65: put on by the same guys who do ORAMM. 65 km in Pisgah (3.5 hours from here). That sounds positively ghastly. Which is to say it sounds like lots of fun. This one's on the calendar for sure. Read the description below.

The Swank 65 Mountain Bike Journey is mountain bike racing at it’s most primeval, far removed from civilization and polluted air. The race begins at 2500 feet, and consists of a triad of cloverleaf shaped loops winding around Gloucester Gap in Pisgah National Forest. Rolling over rugged mining roads, fun single track, tough climbs and hell-raising descents, the exhilarating course will test your skills and desire as you explore the devilish terrain of the Pisgah National Forest. 42 miles (65K) in length.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me sick with all those beautiful options.
I myself would ride whatever the better half lets me then favor all the long shit. That way you get to see more trail and hang with your friends longer.

Sunday will be a go for me but after last weekends Achilles blowout at mile 72 at superior it will be slow at best. In fact I shouldn't even be riding, maybe just cowbell duties.
Oh well back to be as luck would have it I started a new job Monday and then got crazy ass sick last night. I feel better now just shaky and still a little dizzy.

Have a great time I know between you and paddy I'm crazy jealous.



Dallas " my legs have never hurt so bad." Sigurdur

The Dark Lord said...

Achilles . . . ouch.

What's the new job?

Yeah, it's great to have all these options, but it's going to make moving back that much harder. Which is why I'm going to do as much as I can get away with.

Anonymous said...

union steamfitter. Just like my old job but with an infinite amount of double time hours.

My Achilles has been sore since 9 mile but you alwsyfigure things like that Will just go away.

Dallas " my stomach hurts." Sigurdur