Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Bukit Kiara

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur. Thanks to a series of extremely fortunate events, I was able to get a bit of a taste of the local culture here--mtbike wise. Rode for 2.5 hours at a place called Bukit Kiara. My guide was a very fine fellow named Pat, who just happens to hail from Saskatchewan. Has the singltrack of Birch combined with the roots of Thunderhill. Vegetation wise, kind of like riding in that stinky place at the zoo. Except the weather was hotter and more humid, by far. I don't think I've ever sweated that much in my life. Saw a few monkey like creatures, which was cool.

Will write more later, perhaps. Must go for now. Save some stickers for me, Mark. I'm back on Saturday and am looking forward to it. Felt pretty out of shape riding, so will have to kick up the training a notch or two for the last few Cup races.


No comments: