Monday, March 26, 2007

in case of emergency


I discovered this razor stuck to my office door when I got in to work last Monday. Not exactly sure how it got there. A student? A colleague? Perhaps a fellow 'stache-cross competitor. Either way, an asshole of one stripe or another. And I leave it up as a gesture of defiance. But I take comfort in the fact that it is there. If (or is it when?) the subtle adversity associated with this particular endurance race proves too much bear, it is nice to know that the technology required to ease the suffering is close at hand. I must admit, it also give me a certain amount of satisfaction to know that my new mustachioed look has not gone entirely unnoticed. Then again, it has been almost 8 weeks.

Lap 8 officially concludes tommorow night at the F&H. At this point I'm planning on the razor still being stuck to my door. But we're getting to the point in the race where it's hard to predict how the body will react.

Before lap 8 comes to and end, however, the first real FGBC Tuesday night ride of the season must happen. Meet at my place at 9pm. Hopefully the secretary's new wheels make their inaugural appearance.

OTT: The Greenhornes, Too Much Sorrow

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the wheels will be there...

Anonymous said...

Tenacious V will unfortunately have to excuse himself from this evenings ride, as he will be putting the band (Quinzy) through their paces for the upcoming musical. Have a great ride. He is however hoping to show up at the club house for a full account of the evenings activities.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I didn't realize I have golf on the brain Contrary to my previous blog I will not be putting with Quinzy tonight, beacause that would be a lame-ass reason for missing the inaugural spring ride.
.....tenacious V

that dave said...

would this evenings ride be slick friendly?

the secretary said...

when Dr H and I chatted this afternoon, that was the assumption...

that dave said...

thanks for info.