Monday, September 24, 2007

Woodhaven

First cross race of the season is out of the way. My race can be summed up like this:

Pain is no surprise
Trying to ride while braking
Does not work so good

Things started out okay, but just as I was trying to decide when it would be best to pass Hal it felt like my legs fell off. I assumed my tank had only 25 minutes worth of gas in it as I watched him ride away. Pretty soon, everyone I'd passed after my usual crappy start was catching and passing me. Turns out my right brake/shifter lever was twisting and tightening my rear brake cable. Bummer.
Dallas loves the sweetest jersey in the world.


B racers kick off the season

Results here. Paddy's take here. Pictures from Dave B.

OTT: Lucinda Williams, Righteously

2 comments:

halloewen said...

i, for one, couldn't figure out what happened to the good dr. there is no way that he would blow up that early into the race - and as far as i knew he did not have biscuits and gravy before the race. just as he was getting ready to pass, he fell off. when i saw that his brake was rubbing it all made sense. happened to me at mtn bike provincials a few years back, and the feeling of watching riders you normally beat pass you sucks.

great turn out - hope to see more fgbc riders at other races.

PaddyH said...

word.

me thinks the poosher owes mrdr a pint fer that.