Friday, October 17, 2008

As if you need another reason to head to Altona

$8 at the MCC Thrift Store for Johnny S's latest acquisition. The bike, not the lovely lady, that is. He's pretty coy about revealing how much she set him back. In any case, apparently David S and Paul B both passed up on the bike before Johnny pounced. They're so dumb. Lucky for him I was still perusing polyester shirts at the time. He's got it set up with his favourite white walls, and turned it into a two speed for now. Apparently it does a stellar job in hauling the kids around Altona.


OTT: Bend Sinister, The Same Things

4 comments:

mhandsco said...

I'd be one of those crazy old man bike horders if I lived near a stash of $8 Italian road bikes.

The Dark Lord said...

I wouldn't say there's a stash of Italian road bikes at the Altona MCC. But there's always something to get excited about. From Flowbees to Guerciotti's, it's a veritable trove of treasures.

Anonymous said...

Are they going to be open Sunday? Maybe a post race shopping spree would be in order.

Brad

El Presidente said...

In my own defense I had just purchased a road bike days earlier and with 4 bikes now in my stable (2 Mtn, 1 Road, 1 SS) i Left it for someone else. Cindy would have frowned.