Thursday, January 29, 2009

24hrs of Coen reconnaissance ride

This saturday, G and I will take a ride to try and determine a route for the 24hr event. We're hoping for a river crossing so it can be a loop. Meet at my place (headquarters for this year's event), at around 3:30 to join us. Email me at dnbarg at yahoo dot ca for directions.

Despite the relative silence of the Editor, the 24hr race will go in some fashion. Colin is bringing the films, someone will figure out how we will engage the films and race in the usual madcap fashion. A few ideas have been launched on this, but I believe we're still taking submissions.

Reminder: The event goes Saturday, Feb 14, 10:00am to Sunday Feb 15, 10:00am. Yes, we're aware of a particular cultural event that takes place on the 14th, and yes, we're riding instead.

7 comments:

The Dark Lord said...

Right on. I'm tempted to fly back for it. We really need to work on acquiring that jet.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out for the recon ride. Saturday afternoon bike ride (and beers and/or yarba?), sounds deluxe.

Johnny S

the secretary said...

well, with your attendance, we best make it both. dr. h, you best book a flight ASAP.

Anonymous said...

It sounds all good. Too bad for me that it is the week before I slide into town for a few days. Enjoy.

Johnny N

tenacious v said...

Count me for the recon ride. With the late afternoon start I can make it.

tenacious v said...

Add the word "in" to my first sentence. I guess I should preview before posting.

the secretary said...

i would like to further propose we test the nips at my local sals at the end of the ride.