Thursday, June 02, 2011

Further on the socks...

I understand that an eps/ai expert most of us secretly crush on (oops!) is having at miniaturizing the bottle cap logo for inclusion on a wool sock. Yes folks, the clan has spoken and they've said baaaaaa.

So - here's where we find ourselves: 70 pairs have been spoken for (N.B. I haven't counted Dallas' "All over" and the Cricket's "A few" and would be relieved of a terrible burden to have those expressions of interest numerated).

We're being aggressively courted by SockGuy and their 120 pair minimum. I have no experience of SockGuy wool, but have and like a couple of pairs of their standard-issue socks. If anyone can speak to SockGuy wool, now is the time.

I have and am smitten with DeFeet wool. Their minimum order is 144 pairs. I don't know that I love them that much.

Again - I think we're in the neighbourhood of $10 a pair on these.

What say you folks?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in for 5 pair of size 8 woolies.
Tell me when you want the cash and it will be hand delivered.

Dallas " Now that the Giro is over lets talk cross." Sigurdur

mhandsco said...

Thanks Dallas.

Kim said...

I like socks. I'll take 2 and help you boys out with the count. :-)

JP said...

up my initial 5 pairs to 10 pairs.

tenacious v said...

I am still in for 5 pairs

The Dark Lord said...

Tha Halfrican would like 3 pairs. I will take care of that, so just up my order to 13.

tinker t said...

OK....in for 2 pairs of woolies.....not too many comments on sizes but if it is required....to fit 10 1/2. These better make me faster (or get on the bike more often)

Brad the Impaler said...

Five pairs of size 13.

CycleChick said...

Flattery will get you everywhere. Up my order to three pairs please.

co2cycle said...

I'll do 2 pair (Chris H has my contact info).

I had one pair of Sock Guy wool from several years back. They were thin (in a nice way, not a cheap way--they use a finer wool yarn) and quite similar to regular SG socks, just a little woolier. They held up well for several seasons and many washings. I don't know if they still use the same design/manufacturer. but I'm a big fan of their products.

g said...

To be clearish....

I will take 4 pairs around size 11-12 and 1 size 9ish.

mhandsco said...

Woot! 90 pairs out the virtual door!

Thanks folks, keep 'em coming!

Kim said...

And I should add that I have girl sized feet... (7 womens) so size small for my 2 :-)

Greg S said...

Up my 2 pairs to 3 as well... woool is goood. 10's

PaddyH said...

I sent my order to Chris but I'll throw it up here too(and up my #'s)...
3 prs sm/med(as per sock guy sizing) for Naom's
and
7 l/xl for me.
That is all.

Cricket said...

I'll take 3 pair. Size 42 or whatever that turns out to be in sock size

juan eppstein said...

I'm in for 4 pairs at size 12-13.

Ryan A said...

Im good to go from 2 pairs to 5.

the secretary said...

is this the new order placement location?
10 pairs.

KK said...

2 pairs, size XL. Please and thank yo.

The Big Frame said...

I'll take two pairs,...largest possible size please

Anonymous said...

I will take 4 pairs of size 12-13, or 46ish Euro-style. Thanks Matt! You the man, cool guy.