Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TNR: Special MTB Edition

Back in the day, all we had were mtbs. So we might consider tonight as a return to our roots. Kevin B is organizing a short track mtb race for us. That is so sweet. A gesture like this demands sweetness in return. Yes, demands. So be there. Meet at KB's place. Or, if you want to ride over together, my place at 6:30 pm.



Tonight is also the last TNR for Cousin Thomas before he moves closer to the Planet of the ABES. Good thing he recently bought a mountain bike. We will send him off right.

We need to be on our merry way by 11pm--both to keep KB's neighbours happy and to meet up with Mike G's long-lost twin brother and the Saskatchewan Chapter.

A two-part TNR. It will be a good night.

8 comments:

El Presidente said...

We here in the Deep South are looking forward to the arrival of Cousin Thomas. We will welcome him with open arms and possibly, if we feel generous that day, free beer.

See you dudes tonight.

Anonymous said...

I work until a quarter-past seven. Where should I meet ye?

Kevin B said...

To catch up with us at the trails, go south on 75 (Pembina). Go all the way south through St. Norbert, cross the bridge over the LaSalle River, keep going south for about another km, till you see two big white trailers/cargo containers in the lot on your right (west side of highway), go through the gate, go to the back of the lot and cross the train tracks. Once you cross the track, you will see the mowed trails. I imagine we will be on the trails in there til about 8:30 - maybe carry your cel and call one of your FGBC buddies who may have a cel if you can't find us in the trails. We will start and finish at the North end of the trail system. There will be small orange flags on the "race course".

I assume we will head back to my place by about 9pm? 1140 Lee Blvd (by the SuperStore on Bison Drive).

To anyone else who is riding here tonight, we go right by a Beer Store going back to my place, so if you wanna pick up some cold ones on the way, the opportunity is there. Bring your $.

The trails are primo right now, (very fast last night) the mowing really helped, I am just about to go flag the course this aft. Hot dogs, chips and even some homemade cookies are ready to be consumed.

The Dark Lord said...

Yesssssss. I love home made racing.

Josh G. said...

I'm a little worried about the "SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH IN EFFECT", but I suppose I could bring a rain coat.

The Dark Lord said...

Or you could stop worrying.

Anonymous said...

Considering my locale and weather, I may meet you at the house. We'll see how far I can get...

Anonymous said...

Agh, as I don't own a mountain bike yet, I'll have to wait for the next TNR when I get back. Enjoy the race!