Friday, May 01, 2009

A Special Invitation

From Gary S, champion of the 2008-09 FGBC CX Pool and occasional Nordic Cross participant (at least the eating portion):


Gary writes:
If FGBC is looking to smack down RRR, how about the FOG ITT on Sunday? It is The Race of Truth afterall. For those that are allergic to licences, it's the only licence optional road race this year (If it's really successful I'll do the same thing with the August 29 race). An ITT may not be everyone's favourite but the advantage is you can directly compare non-licenced times with cat 4 or 5 and derive points from that.

In keeping with cross tradition the fee is really low - only $9 + $2 cup race levy = $11. NO extra fees for non-licenced riders. That works out to just 50 cents per km. Prizing will be by draw prizes.

Details at the FOG Blog or at the MCA site.
I am hoping to be there. ITTs are always a good time. It's close to home and the price is hard to beat. Just the way the FGBC likes it. This could be where we take the lead for good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be there...
hope others will be too... even some RRR brothers.
mike g

KK said...

I'm going to try to make it out.

Brad the Impaler said...

I don't need to no stinkin' time trial to tell me how slow I am.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there but its a jam packed family weekend for me.

Great idea though big big props on it.


Dallas " the Giro's coming , the Giro's coming!!!!!!!!" sigurdur

KK said...

Well, the Mrs. reminded me that we're hosting a family brunch on Sunday. I guess that explains why this date wasn't on my personal race calendar. I hope this doesn't open the door for FGBC.

word verification: worsing (uh-oh...)

The Dark Lord said...

Even if the door is open, the FGBC has to step through it. It remains to be seen whether we'll actually make it out to any races. But at least we have the Fraggle.